// //

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Skyrim Vs Mother's Bacon

My parents are divorced. It's not a very special or uncommon thing, but it means that they live at separate places and that I swap between staying at my father's house and my mother's house. Every other weekend i stay at my mother's house, while the rest i stay with my father, assuming it's not in a vacation. This also means that my mother wants me to stay with her more than I do, as I'm not there so often. But despite how she tries by being nice and making good food, there's some reasons she can't do anything about that keep me from staying here for longer.


One is that bacon doesn't give me a hard-on.
  
The first is location. My mother lives in a different county than where my school and friends are. It's not more than a 50 minutes bus trip to get to the city, but it's still enough to become a negative impact on how I feel about being here. Having to spend 1 hour to get to school by bus, and 1 1/2 hour to get to friends means both that I have to spend more time on public transport and that I have to wake up earlier to start travelling sooner. When I meet my friends, it's usually not in the evening. Normally, it's a meeting by 12 o'clock (military time), meaning that I have to leave 10:30, which, because I don't like stressing, means that I have to set my alarm to 9:30 on weekends.


It's not a major annoyment to me, as I'm not the worst of sleepers. I wake up early enough on normal days, and I don't have to have my bed flipped upside down before I get out. To me, it is at most a mild annoyance to not get to sleep as long as I'd like, but it is one of those small stones that make out the pile of annoyment keeping me from staying here for longer.

Another one of the stones of annoyment is housework. My mother likes to have a clean house, while my father slacks more on that area. This means that at my mother's house, there's always something to be done. Either if it's a floor that looks kind of dirty, a dusty window or the bathroom is kind of dirty, there's always a spot she can see that needs a bit of cleaning. And while I don't mind having a place clean, sometimes I feel like doing other things, which collides with her wish for me to clean or fix something, resulting in a slight quarrel. And I write slight because I don't object very much when I can see that something needs doing, and that the one doing it might as well be me, because what I'd rather do rarely is very useful.



Such as looking up penguin-related things.

Which brings up another figurative stone. I like using my computer to do various things, but at my mother's I have very few things to do on my computer. It's not that I don't have any games to play or programs I feel like running, it's more that there's many things I can't do, because the laptop I'm using there is old, and following, it's slow. It's actually so slow that I experience delay and lag while playing games that were released 10 years ago. For me, who uses a computer a lot, it's much more preferred to use a custom-built stationary computer, capable of easily running Skyrim at the best graphic settings.

A must for any proper gamer's computer.

But there's not much to do about that. I don't have the means to buy a brand new computer, and my mother has neither the money to waste on it nor a reason to buy me one out of the blue. Computers are expensive, and good ones even more so.

But all of these reasons are due to the different lifestyles of my parents. My mother has a relatively normal view on how a family should be run, while my father has a more lazy attitude. And it must be said that while I don't have to do much at my father's place, it gets kind of messy there. The lifestyles at either of my parents' place are two different lives I have to relate to, and while I don't think either is very much worse than the other, and that they both have their ups and downs, it all boils down to which differences i prefer over the other. My mom isn't doing anything wrong, and neither is my father, but I have two choices, and I pick the one that suits me the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment