// //

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Maybe Tomorrow

I didn't play Magic The Gathering today. I thought I was going to, but I kind of guess that's just how it is when you don't plan when or where to meet when you've agreed to do something with someone. I searched for him after school was over, but I guess I didn't search close enough. I know I didn't search well enough, because I only spent about 10-15 minutes on looking for him, before I kind of gave up, and sat down and did some math in hope that he might have been looking for me too and would find me if I stood still.

In the end, I ended up finishing all the tasks for the chapter we're working on, in the book, so I used a while afterwards to put together a Magic The Gathering deck to play with. I know that I am supposed to bring a ready-made deck when you agree to play against someone, and I did do that. I actually brought 3 decks, but I ended up scrambling them to make a new one, that ended up being quite big. It was actually a bit too big, but that's because I didn't spend enough time planning what cards I wanted to put in the deck.


As true for other things, bigger isn't always best. It's all about how you use it.

I spent some hours doing that before I went home at about 17:28-ish. I can't really do much about not getting to play, but now I got a deck that I'm (kind of) confident I can play well with. Most likely it's too unbalanced, and needs a lot of tuning, but for now, I guess it's good. I don't know how good his deck is, but I hope I at least stand a small chance in modern MTG, using my heavily outdated cards.

I want to emphasize that last part. My cards are really old. I haven't gotten myself any new ones since elementary school, and some of the cards are even from the 90's. I'm pretty sure people are going to smirk if I tell them about how old my cards are, if I ever bring them to the public that is MTG gatherings. I'll also admit I'm not very fimiliar with organized events, and I'll be totally honest, I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to play with my cards in an actual match. I'm pretty sure there's a rule or two going against me, stating that my cards can't be pre-milennia.


Like yo mama. Actually, that's a terrible joke, and I'm truly sorry. It won't happen again.

I guess that's what I got to talk about that for now. There isn't really much to do now, other than wait until math class tomorrow, and talk to him then. I hope that we can play tomorrow, because now that I've made a new deck, I really want to try it out, and also most likely get to know the guy better. I haven't really talked to him until recently, so I know fairly little about him, but what I know about him is good, and he seems like a rather nice guy.

I guess that's pretty much it for this post, and I'll try to update about what happens, provided I get the time of course. So until next time you read anything of mine, goodbye and farewell, I guess.


---


P.S: Fun fact about my bus ride home: Some random (most likely drunk) guy went in front of the bus on my way home. The bus stopped a bit suddenly, and I almost fell, but I understood what had happened when I heard some guy outside the bus challenging the bus driver to a fist-fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment