// //

Saturday, March 17, 2012

The List Wanted Me To Clean

Today I did some things I don't usually do. The first thing was that I woke up early. Well, relatively early. I don't know how much the clock was when I woke up, but I know it was early, since nobody but my dog had woken up by then. I guess it was my dog who woke me up with some sounds he made, because that's the most plausible explanation I got. I don't usually wake up early on saturdays, I usually sleep until 11 when I get to sleep as long as I'd like (as stated in an earlier post).

Anyways, I woke up early, got on my clothes and headed downstairs. My dog seemed rather excited about it for some reason, and followed me down. I realized he was excited because there was now someone to let him outside, so I put his collar on him, let him out and strapped him to the garden leash. But then he started barking, and since it was early in the morning and he would've awoken the neighbours, I took him in straight after the first bark. Then I went to the bathroom and put on my lenses, and headed to the kitchen to make me some breakfast.

Somehow my dog convinced me to let him back outside on the short walk between the bathroom and kitchen, so I let him out again and put his leash on him. After I had done that, he proceeded to take a piss on the terrace, and started barking again, so I took him back in. He seemed like he wanted to go back out, but I ignored him. I knew that he'd only keep barking and I couldn't be bothered with that so early in the morning.

I then went to make myself some breakfast. It consisted of a slice of bread with strawberry jam, a svele with some butter on it, and a glass of whole milk. If you don't know what a svele is, you can imagine a pancake, because that's pretty much what it is. I sat down in the living room couch, turned on the TV and began watching. My dog realized that I wasn't going to let him out, so he ran back up into my room (that I share with my brothers), and laid down in my brothers bed. Atleast that's what I assume he did, since I didn't really see what he did after running upstairs.


He did this.


I ate my breakfast in front of the TV, and browsed between the channels. I ended up watching some Discovery Channel show about some people moving a dry dock, as nothing better was on so early on a weekend. After I had eaten, I went back into the kitchen, put my dish and glass in the sink, since the dishwasher was full of clean things, and went back to the couch to finish watching the show. But that's when the other strange thing of the day happened to me.

I turned the TV on mute, and went into the kitchen to look at the new housework list. The list is something my mother came up with since we never do anything by ourselves in the house, and rewards doing housework without anyone asking us to with a small sum of money. The list was something I noticed yesterday, but didn't think too much about. I looked at the list and read what the different jobs gave as reward, and for some reason I started doing the jobs on the list

I don't usually do these things, and I didn't feel like the money reward was particularly rewarding, but for some reason I felt like cleaning. I started with emptying the dish washer, and putting the dirty tablewear into it. My mother's boyfriend had woken up while I did that, and I think he remarked that we needed more wood to light up the fireplace with carried into the house from the pile outside (but I'm not actually sure what he mumbled in his morning groggyness), so I carried in wood to fill up the almost empty wood container inside the house.

I drew a line on each column corresponding to my name and the jobs i did, but I didn't feel finished cleaning by then, so I took a look at the list and saw what else needed doing. I ended up choosing to wash the floor in the hallway on the first floor. I mixed some water with soap, cleaned the floor and drew a line on the paper on the fridge about the housework. But I still didn't feel finished after that.


I felt like putting in a picture of a panda cub here.


I kept cleaning and washing for some hours, and in total I ended up doing: Emptying the dish washer, cleaning the floor on most of the first floor, taking out the garbage, carrying in wood for the oven, watering all the plants in the house and washing the bathroom before I finally got distracted enough by the sound of my brother, who had woken up while I cleaned and sat in the couch watching TV, to stop cleaning. I lost my urge to do anything after that and I barely did anything after that. I sat down in the sofa, turned on my laptop and browsed the web for some hours before going with my mother to buy some groceries, and that's pretty much what I've done today.

I had originally planned taking the dog for a walk as well when I had the extra morning energy, but I didn't feel like doing it after I had turned on my PC and browsed the web for some hours. In the end, I didn't really do anything much today, and I didn't get to put together my MTG deck as I had hoped I would. The day isn't over yet, though, and there's still tomorrow, so I guess I'll put it together somewhen then.

No comments:

Post a Comment